Yes, that’s right!
A heart-to-heart Hug
(literally, chests touching for 30 sec)
is emotionally equivalent
to exercise and vegetables,
10 Reasons Why a Hug is Healthy
- Brain release of oxytocin, a ‘happy’ brain hormone.
- Decreased stress hormones (cortisone and norepinephrine).
- Muscle relaxation.
- Decreased depression and anxiety.
- Decreased blood pressure and heart rate (= live longer).
- Decreased stress after heart attack or stroke.
- Improved pain tolerance.
- Improved school and work performance.
- Improved immune function (e.g., fewer and less severe colds) – and Hey! That’s immunonutrition, sort of!
- Better Quality of Life!